Why Is Being Called A Woman An Insult

Why is it so offensive to be a woman? This is the question I want to ask everyone. And I want an answer, I want reasons. I want to know what is so humiliating about being a woman. So much so that it is an insult. An insult we have come to accept as normal in society. An insult which when directed at men, leads to fist fights and boils everyone's blood. 
And its not only men who use this insult, its women too. I've seem countless tweets, Facebook posts, forward messages or blog posts for that matter, which by the way are just as much by women as men, who label Justin Bieber, or currently popular in Pakistan Bilawal Bhutto as a woman. All right, we've labelled him. Now the only insulting in this insult to me is, you thinking that being a woman is so downright degrading that labeling anyone as one is the most hurtful comeback you can think of. Wow, that hurt. Being called a woman has totally shattered your enemies confidence. You just called him such a filthy word, a woman. However will he regain his respect in society?! My God, how embarrassing to be called the name of the inferior, pathetic gender. Yes, that's our society. Everyone and I mean everyone participates in this in one way or another. 'Stop being such a girl' if someone gets a bit emotional. If someone isn't good enough at a sport maybe, 'you throw like a girl'. Or God forbid a guy actually cares about the way he dresses, 'tu kurri kyun ban raha he?'.Why? I thought we were moving towards an equal society. Okay, forget that. Our society is far from that kind of social change. No one cares about women, I mean were inferior, right? Who cares about the women's cricket team? I mean they may win accolades upon accolades for the country but the men's cricket team is still better. Obviously.

Now this last point may seem unfair because it's supposed to be a joke, right? But I'm sorry, as much as I love a joke, I don't really see the fun in calling a man a woman as a way of poking fun at them.
Respecting women does not only mean you don't physically harm them or don't verbally abuse them, it also means you talk about them, as a gender, in a respectful way. 
Now before I get labelled as a feminist (which I probably will anyway), its not about wanting women to be known as superior. No. It's about telling you that being a woman should NOT be an insult. 


You want to insult Bilawal, Bieber or that one guy in your school you don't like, how about you use actual SENSIBLE reasons to prove your point? Why don't you like the person? Why don't you think they deserve their fame or adoration? Because trust me, saying that 'he looks like a girl' or photo shopping their pictures to show them wearing makeup and dresses only makes you look like an idiot who really has no valid reason for hating someone except maybe jealousy. Don't be that person. Get a valid argument or don't argue at all. Because calling some feminine just accomplishes one thing which is, making you look like a douche bag!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skincare Review: Harvest Tree

Launch: The Entertainer, The Toy Store for Everyone

Xiaomi MI6 Making Its Mark in Pakistan!